About the Elementary Physical Education Teacher Position
– Ensure that adequate preparations have been made to accomplish objectives established for the classes assigned.
– Plan broadly, through the use of semester goals and objectives, for classes assigned.
– Maintain adequate records of attendance and grades to meet the requests of the administration and parents, as well as the teacher’s own need for knowledge of the student’s progress.
– Create homework assignments for drill, review, enrichment, or project work sufficiently in advance of the due date so that the student will learn personal responsibility, the joy of self-study, and be sufficiently informed so that students are able to handle the work at their grade level.
– Upgrade curriculum guides/scope and sequence to meet the school’s objectives.
– Request instructional aids and materials for classroom use. Plan the use of field trips, guest lecturers, and other media for creative and effective teaching.
– Keep proper discipline in the classroom for a good teaching environment and on the school premises for good interpersonal relations.
– Be placed on an Internal “Sub List” to fill-in for members of the faculty who may be absent.
– Keep classrooms clean and organized during the week.
Position Start Date August 9, 2019
About Tien Shan International School
TSIS is an international day school located in Almaty, Kazakhstan. We are a diverse body of 150 students from Kindergarten through Grade 12. The purpose of TSIS is transformational, quality, international, English-medium education of school-age children in an affordable, cost-effective manner. We develop lifelong learners who make positive contributions in local and global communities by building respectful relationships, understanding and engaging different cultures, and participating in service-learning opportunities.
Tien Shan is accredited by the Council of International Schools (CIS) as well as the Association of Christian School International (ACSI). Other Benefits the School Offers:
– Modest stipend which is negotiable
– Transportation to and from remote location of school campus.
– Assistance identifying, evaluating, and negotiating accommodations
– Facilitation of seconding to a team with a local presence for setup and long-term community support