About the Third Grade Teacher Position
Located in a valley of the Andes Mountains of Bolivia, Carachipampa Christian School exists to educate new generations of MKs and Bolivians for eternity by providing high quality education founded on biblical principles. We are inviting applicants for a third grade teacher. This teacher will serve approximately 17 students in a K-12 international school of 225 students.
Many Bolivian families choose the school for its reputation of academic excellence and international accreditation which permit its students to go across the globe for advanced education and work experience. Teachers live out their Christian testimony on a daily basis for these students and their families and have an influence on a segment of the population that may not have any other relevant exposure to the gospel. The excellent education in English also meets the educational needs of missionaries who are called to Bolivia, allowing them to minister in this part of the world.
Elementary teachers will:
* Design yearlong, unit and lesson plans which guide classroom instruction.
* Prepare creative and innovative lessons, following the CCS curriculum guides/maps.
* Effect student learning to achieve mastery of the subject material by utilizing valid teaching techniques to achieve curriculum goals within the framework of the school’s philosophy.
* Assess the learning of students on a regular basis, document progress, and prepare report cards twice each semester.
* Keep proper discipline in the classroom and on the school premises for a good teaching environment.
* Degree in Elementary Education
* Two years of teaching experience preferred
* Sensitivity to cultural differences and willingness to adapt appropriately.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. The school year runs from February to November each year.
Position Start Date: February 1, 2019
About Carachipampa Christian School
CCS is located in Cochabamba, the "city of eternal spring," nestled in the Andes mountains. Our 225 students make up a truly international and multicultural community, including children of missionaries as well as other expats and local Bolivian families who are drawn to the school for its excellent education in English. The Lord has placed CCS in a strategic position to be able to influence the lives of unchurched students and their families from the surrounding community who may not otherwise be exposed to a relevant Christian witness. CCS is looking for qualified teachers to join us in our mission of preparing students for life and for university around the globe through a rigorous academic curriculum with biblical integration, and who share our vision of "educating for eternity."